Fire guts shopping mall in Abeokuta
A shopping mall has caught fire in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
The fire was said to have started on Sunday morning.
Thick black smoke coming out of the building was said to have attracted the attention of locals.
As of press time, no nobody could ascertain what might have triggered the fire.
The high rise shopping mall, located in Totoro area of Abeokuta metropolis, reportedly went up in flames, destroying goods worth millions of Naira.
It was gathered that the burnt building is a place where electronics, electrical appliances and other households items are being sold.
However, there is calm in the vicinity as operatives of the Ogun State Fire Service have succeeded in putting out the fire.