Image used for illustrative purpose only

Gunmen kill three, abduct seven in Kaduna attacks

Gunmen have struck again in Southern Kaduna, killing three persons and abducting seven..

The assailants attacked two communities in Kajuru council area yesterday morning, Mr Awemi Dio Maisamari, National President of Adara Development Association, said in a statement.

Police spokesman Muhammad Jalige said he had no information on the attack, but Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs Samuel Aruwan said Governor Nasir El-Rufai had been told about it, as well as other attacks in the state.

Aruwan said the governor condemned the attacks, condoled with affected families, and urged security personnel to crush the bandits.

“Government condoles with the families that lost their loved ones to the sheer criminality of the bandits. Security agencies have been directed to double up and intensify operations against bandits…This criminality is an attack on our unity and collective well-being,” Aruwan said in a statement.

Read Also: Army, Police repel bandits on Kaduna – Abuja road
Maisamari listed the names of those killed in the two Adara communities, saying that attacks persist despite a peace accord with the Fulani community.

“Today, Sunday, 6th September, 2020 at 2.00am, the Adara community of Buda, in Buda Ward of Kajuru LGA came under another deadly attack from suspected Fulani militia,” Maisamari said, calling the attacks “premeditated and unprovoked”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here