Top NAF officer dies of COVID-19 in Abuja
Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Paul Nungkopba Dimfwina, the Chief of Communication Information System (CCIS) at the Headquarters, Nigerian Airforce (NAF), has died, after a brief battle with the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
The 56-year old officer died on Friday, 21st August shortly after he was admitted to the isolation centre in Gwagwalada, Abuja.
An official at the NAF said the officer, who was very healthy and agile traveled and returned from Maiduguri on Tuesday, took ill on Wednesday, and taken to the isolation centre on Friday where he died same day.
The senior officer is happily married and blessed with two boys and one girl. His hobbies include observing nature, reading, making friends, listening to music and playing golf.
He was born on 28 April 1964 and hails from Kangke LGA of Plateau State. He was enlisted on 23 Sep 84 as a member of NDA 36 Regular Course. The Senior Officer is currently.
Before his assumption of duty as CCIS in Jul 19, he was the PIMT Coordinator HQ NAF. Air Vice Marshal Paul Nunkopba Dimfwina had his primary education at LEA Primary School Kabwir and secondary education at Boys Secondary School Gindiri after which he proceeded to the Nigerian Defence Academy in September 1984 as a member of the 36 Regular Course.
Air Vice Marshal Dimfwina has also flown the following aircraft; Bulldog 123, MI-34S, Robinson 44, MI-35P, AW 109 LUH and EC 135.
Courses attended both military and civil courses are:
- Ab-Initio Flying Training Course at 301 FTS kaduna.
- Mi-34C Basic Flying Course at UFA, Russia/305 FTS Enugu.
- Junior Command and Staff Course at AFCSC Jaji.
- Senior Command and Staff Course at GAFCSC TESHIE Ghana.
- International Peace Support Operations Course (IPSO) at KAIPTC Ghana.
- Defence Management Course at GAFCSC TESHIE Ghana.
- Helicopter Instructors’ Course in South Africa.
- MI-35P Conversion Course at 97 SOG Port Harcourt.
- Train-the-Trainers Course on Disaster Management at AFCSCS Jaji.
- AW 109 LUH Conversion Course AT SESTO CALENDE, Italy.
- Pakistan Air War College Karachi.
- EC-135 conversion at 115 SOG Port Harcourt.
- The senior officer also attended Ghana Institute of Management and Public Admin
Some of the appointments held include:
- AO MAKIA – 303 FTS
- AG CO 305 FTW AT 97 SOG
- SO2 OPS/TRG 97 SOG
- MA-AOO HQ NAF
- GSO (AIR) – HMOSD MOD
- GAO 97 SOG PH
- DS AFCSC JAJI
- DDCS HQ NAF
- COMD 113 HCTG
- DDOO HQ NAF
- DD AIR CPC DHQ – Op LAFIYA DOLE
- COMD 105 CG
- COMD 115 SOG and ACC Op DELTA SAFE
- SASO HQ TAC
- DOEVAL HQ NAF
- PIMT Coordinator HQ NAF
- Chief of Communication and Information System (CCIS) HQ NAF.
- Currently the Chief of Communication Information System, Headquarters Nigerian Air Force, Abuja.