Osun records two coronavirus deaths

Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola has confirmed the death of two coronavirus patients.

Oyetola disclosed this on Sunday during a briefing.

He said the two fatalities were male who had underlying health conditions.

The Governor warned residents across the state to stop taking in visitors from outside, blaming that compromise has made the state record the 12 new cases.

His words: “the State of Osun made significant progress in the fight against coronavirus in two weeks, having no new confirmed cases and discharging 19 of the 20 successfully without any death. We were on our way to containing the virus, in spite of the galloping figures in other states.

“However, it is saddening that we have recorded 12 new cases in the State, including three of our health workers with two fatalities, both of whom were males with underlying health conditions”.

Speaking further about the locations of the newly confirmed cases, Oyetola said that the cases emerged from Ede, Irewole, Ejigbo, and Ife Local Government Areas of the State.

According to him: “Six of the new detected 12 cases were returnees from neighboring West African country, Benin Republic; two recently returned to the State from Lagos; three had contact with previously confirmed cases while the remaining one, who was suffering from Tuberculosis, was hurriedly ferried in from Ibadan.

“The cases we have on our hands are simply the consequences of breaching the lockdown directives of the State Government by some citizens of the state.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here