Generator fume wipes out family in Imo

Emergency Digest – Tragedy struck in Imo State on Sunday as fumes from a generator killed a couple and their daughter.

The incident, which occurred in the Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the state, caused pandemonium in the area.

When contacted on Monday, the police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, said the police had taken over the investigation process.

Ikeokwu stated that it was a case of “sudden and unnatural death.”

He said the Divisional Police Officer in the area led his men to the scene and found the lifeless bodies of the victims.

He gave the names of the deceased as Luscious, Ngozi and Geraldine Iwunze.

Ikeokwu stated, “A report was received at the Divisional Police Headquarters, Isiala Mbano Local Government Area, about the mysterious death of three persons.

“In view of that, the DPO led a team of policemen to the scene and met the lifeless bodies of Chief Luscious Iwunze, Lolo Ngozi Iwunze and Geraldine Iwunze.

“However, preliminary investigation revealed that they died as a result of carbon monoxide from fumes emitted by a generator.

“The corpses have been evacuated to a morgue and the Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command, has ordered a full-scale investigation into the incidence”, the Police spokesperson added.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here