Image used for illustrative purpose only

Kidnappers of katsina Football coach demand huge ransom

The Coach of Katsina United Football club, Abdullahi Usman Biffo is still in captivity 16 days after he was abducted, just as his club is billed to play their first league game of the season at home this afternoon against Wikki Tourists of Bauchi.

Biffo was among those abducted on 7th January at about 9pm during the botched attempted kidnap of Justice Mamman Nasir along Gora – Dayi road, in Malumfashi Local Government Area.

The police had since confirmed the kidnap of two persons and rescue of a woman when armed bandits blocked the said road and attacked unsuspecting commuters, robbing them of possession and abducting some that day.

Those kidnapped then were Aminu Lawal, the retired Justice’s aide and Abdullahi Usman. The rescued woman was Hauwa Aminu, 35years of Damsite in Malumfashi town.

The spokesman of the police command SP Gambo Isah told newsmen that “It was after all that it was realised that another man Abdullahi Usman Biffo of GRA Katsina was also taken away”.

Already sources confirmed that the kidnappers have asked for N15million ransom for the release of the coach.

Katsina United will play Wikki Tourists in today’s midweek encounter, having missed their first three games due to continental engagements and the abduction saga.

Lobi and Rangers games were missed due to the teams’ continental engagement, while Rivers game was missed due to the abduction incidence.

Meanwhile during a visit to the team’s morning training session at the Mohammadu Dikko Stadium (Karakanda) yesterday, the players were busy with intense preparation ahead of today’s game.

Players and other coaches were seen grilling and strategising with few supporters on ground cheering the training session as well.

“The spirit is high as you can see, this players and coaches are professionals, they team is not allowing that incidence to draw us back as we seek three points in today’s game,” a member of the management team, who preferred not to be named said.

Another top government official who confided in our reporter, said the matter will soon be resolved as agreement has been reached for his release.

He however decline to mention what was paid and when we will be free.

Source: Daily Trust